- SOUNDING[S] :: GP Metals February 18, 2015
- SOUNDING[S] :: hooke wood encounters November 29, 2013
- sonic coast :: metamedia August 28, 2013
- sonic coast :: Mandy Rathbone August 28, 2013
- sonic coast :: Joe Stevens August 28, 2013
- sonic coast :: David Rogers August 27, 2013
- sonic coast :: ivon oates August 18, 2013
- sonic coast August 4, 2013
- SOUNDING[S] April 1, 2013
- MAKEaNOISE April 1, 2013
Author Archives: metamediauk
Monday 16th February 2015 – ivon oates, Mandy Rathbone and Mark Hewitt exploring the dynamic potential of sounds at GP Metals, Dorset. Scrapyard We three are pilgrims. Here to sound out The tangles of metal In respectful reliquaries. In … Continue reading
Hooke Wood Hooke Park is a 350-acre coppiced woodland in Dorset, South West England, that as been owned and operated by the Architectural Association, since 2002. The woodland contains a small educational facility centered on a woodworking workshop, that … Continue reading
Mandy Rathbone, ivon oates, David Rogers and Joe Stevens [metamedia]. Recording made during a live performance given by metamedia as part of sonic coast::metamedia open studio7 at DIVAcontemporary Studio 26th August 2013 http://www.spreaker.com/user/soniccoast/metamedia_live1
http://www.spreaker.com/user/soniccoast/chesil_sounds Chesil Beach on the Dorset coastline. Six locations along the coastline from West Bay to Portland, individually recorded and played back as one soundscape.
Reinventing the Landscape a GPS driven moving image work. That follows a walk around Portland marina with a soundtrack that features a treated version of the wind howling across the harbour.
as part of sonic coast::metamedia open studio7 at DIVAcontemporary studio David Rogers installed a 4 screen audio video work, exploring the differing resonance of stones found in a stone quarry on Portland, Dorset.